The mission statement of ITU, Faculty of Mines is
- To prepare engineering students to support the needs of industry; the nation and the world by educating high quality graduates,
- To conduct research and develop new technologies related to earth science and engineering applications through five engineering programs that will improve tomorrow’s economy and environment.
Mining Engineering Program's mission is
- To provide high quality undergraduate and graduate programs supported by up-to-date curriculum and scientific, industrial research.
- To produce technically competent and well educated mining engineers who have team skills and are able to work in mining and mining-related industries both within the country and abroad.
- To educate mining engineers who can follow and utilize the technological developments that may occur during their careers and recognize the needs of an environmentally sensitive society.
Geological Engineering Program’s mission is
- To graduate professionals who are able to resolve problems related to the geology faced to all sectors of private and public components using all aspects of science and Technologies.
Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering Program's mission is
- To provide undergraduate and graduate level engineers, conduct research, and serve for the petroleum and natural gas industry and its relevant sectors worldwide, and to contribute for the sustainable development of the nation and for the commonalty in the utilization of subsurface energy resources.
Geophysical Engineering Program's mission is
- To educate the students as engineers and scientists who are capable of contributing to the national and international engineering and scientific projects for proposing, conducting, and reporting steps within the multi-disciplinary teamwork, and having engineering ethics and being sensitive to the values of society and environment. To achieve this mission, the department is in continuous development and improvement of its educational and research program, infrastructure and faculty and staff.
Mineral Processing Engineering Program's mission is
- To provide high quality undergraduate and graduate programs supported by up-to-date curriculum and scientific and industrial research.
The vision statement of ITU Faculty of Mines is
- To improve the scientific researches and provide for contemporary earth science and education in parallel to the visions of the 5 departments involved in the faculty.
Mining Engineering Program's vision is
- To continue its high educational standards equal to the internationally well-known Mining Engineering Departments.
- To educate students for playing an active role in industry, satisfying present and future needs of a global society through the development and implementation of revolutionary technologies for the extraction of mineral resources, and construction of underground structures in a socially responsible, economically viable and environmentally sound manner.
Geological Engineering Program’s vision is
- To provide and keep high quality internationally accepted educational standards so that its graduates will be an unnegligible part of industry for technical, economical and social necessities of the society and life.
Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering Program's vision is
- To be a leading and respected department in the field.
Geophysical Engineering Program's vision is
- To become a centre of excellence at undergraduate and graduate levels of teaching and education, to take the lead within national/international projects proposed for the solution for scientific and engineering problems of our country, to transfer acquired knowledge and expertise into new generations.
Mineral Processing Engineering Program's vision is
- To sustain its educational standards as a well-known international Mineral Processing Engineering Departments.
- To educate students for an active role in industry, satisfying present and future needs of a global society through the development and implementation of revolutionary technologies for the evaluation of mineral resources in a socially responsible, economically viable and environmentally sound manner.